1. Choose your attitude at the start of the day. Consciously choose the attitude you take to work each day. Positive, enthusiastic and a can-do attitude can move mountains – regardless of how you feel inside.
2. Focus on opportunity. Realise that each day you are offered a dozen leadership opportunities on a silver platter, regardless of your age, experience, seniority and status. You will use the three words “Try it! Now!” as often as possible.
3. Arrive early. Leave late.
4. Listen aggressively. Formally practice and improve your listening skills. Effective listening is life’s no. 1 skill. Effective listening builds rapport.
5. Learn something new today. Meet someone new today. Eat lunch with someone new today. Live permanently on the edge of your discomfort zone because that’s where all the growth is.
6. Welcome failure! No screw-ups mean that you are not giving it your all. Those whose records include few or no failures only suggests an unwillingness to brave the unknown.
7. Develop an attitude of gratitude! Say thanks for the tiniest bit of helpfulness. Make this a big priority. Master the art of appreciation and be generous in your use of the words “Thank you” to honour assistance or achievement of even the most minor sort.
8. Smile! (A key to building great rapport)
9. Eye contact is essential. (Another rapport building winner)
10. Wholeheartedly acknowledge the value of analysis, but in the end swear by the motto that “Actions speak louder than words”. Take massive action!
10.5 YOU will unfailingly aim for EXCELLENCE in all you do. You will use excellence as the principal benchmark in the assessment of yourself and your work and your impact on your clients, colleagues and all who you come in contact with.
John Lloyd is a business growth strategist, award-winning marketer, speaker, trainer, columnist and author of the book Smart Thinking for Crazy Times.
Visit John at www.brandstorm.co.za and subscribe to his free newsletter.
Do you need a speaker who will educate and inspire at your next industry conference or a trusted advisor who will increase profits, multiply sales and magnify marketplace positioning?
Contact John today – email@example.com