In this article I’d like to recommend that you do a quick audit of your marketing and business growth performance. Evaluate this checklist of 50 marketing weapons. Are you optimising all of these in your marketing toolkit to promote your product and service? And if you are using these tools, can you improve, leverage, maximise and multiply the effectiveness thereof. Take note how many of these are free or low cost.
- Marketing plan
- A marketing calendar
- Brand identity
- Value proposition
- Business cards (printed on both sides/ the one side contains your customer benefits)
- Your target audience
- Sales letters
- Education-based marketing – how do you educate prospects and customers?
- Telephone marketing
- Sales training
- Media contacts
- Your core story
- Elevator pitch
- Your sales kit
- Your sales presentation
- A benefits list
- Client workshops
- Competitive advantages (what makes your business different?)
- Call to action (in your ads, sales pitches, website, brochures etc.)
- Barter agreements that saves you money
- Word-of-mouth strategies
- Direct mail
- Advertising – print, radio and online
- List building
- An e-mail signature (with a tagline that describes the benefits that you offer)
- Guarantees and risk reversal that eliminates risk for your customers
- E-mail marketing
- A web site
- A search engine ranking
- Electronic brochures
- How social are you? – A blog, Twitter, Linked-in, Facebook
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Pay-per-click ads
- 100% knowledge of your market
- Pricing strategy
- Service levels
- Referral programme
- Creating extra value for customers
- Adopting a goodwill cause and community involvement
- Are you (and your company systems and processes) easy to do business with?
- Articles that position you and your business as a trusted advisor and authority
- Your Guerrilla marketing plan
Use this list to start creating your own strategy of pre-eminence. I trust that this action audit help’s your business. To YOUR success!
John Lloyd is a business growth strategist, award-winning marketer, speaker, trainer, columnist and author of the book Smart Thinking for Crazy Times.
Visit John at www.brandstorm.co.za and subscribe to his free newsletter.
Do you need a speaker who will educate and inspire at your next industry conference or a trusted advisor who will increase profits, multiply sales and magnify marketplace positioning?
Contact John today – firstname.lastname@example.org