“I have only just a minute,
Only sixty seconds in it.
Forced upon me, can’t refuse it.
Didn’t seek it, didn’t choose it.
But it’s up to me to use it,
I must suffer if I lose it,
Give account if I abuse it.
Just a tiny little minute,
But eternity is in it.”
– Author Unknown
Time is not renewable. Once it is gone, it’s gone forever. We can try to make up for lost time, but we can never replace it. It is essential that we recognise the value of our time, and that we respect it.
What would you do with an extra 30 days a year? That’s a whole month! I know what I’d do, and it would be very valuable to my clients!
All you need to do is grab one extra hour every day and you’ve achieved that goal.
Here are some things you can do that will easily achieve this:
- Plan your day the night before, and set your alarm to wake up one hour earlier. You can use this golden hour to effectively plan what will make this a successful day.
- Make a will-do list and stick to it. It’s sometimes challenging to do everything that you want to do in a day, so make a will-do list, things that will actually save you time in the long run.
- Watch out for time thieves. These time vampires are lurking everywhere. Be mindful of others who waste your time. Cutting down on wasted emails, phone calls, interruptions and meetings can easily buy you back some valuable time.
- Delegate effectively. This will give you time to focus on the tasks that only you can perform. Can you get someone to help you with admin or follow-up work? This will free you up to do the tasks only you can complete.
- Work hardest at the times when you are most alert and have more energy. This could be early morning or late afternoon. All of us are most efficient and effective at certain times, so achieve more when you are feeling at your best.
I guarantee that if you take action on the ideas from this list, that it will drive you to achieve more in less time and you will create positive energy from gaining a valuable extra hour every day. Go for it!
John Lloyd is a business growth strategist, award-winning marketer, speaker, trainer, columnist and author of the book Smart Thinking for Crazy Times.
Visit John at www.brandstorm.co.za and subscribe to his free newsletter.
Do you need a speaker who will educate and inspire at your next industry conference or a trusted advisor who will increase profits, multiply sales and magnify marketplace positioning?
Contact John today – firstname.lastname@example.org