You’ve already set some significant goals for 2013. Today, I’m going to ask you to set one more: the focused goal to become a better person.
You are going to do that by making a commitment to:
- paying less attention to yourself and more attention to other people
- focus on opportunities, not challenges and problems
- listening with more attention
- only criticise when your criticism is constructive and helpful
- try to never speak badly about anyone
- reduce your tendency to complain about anything
- perform an act of kindness every day
- stop sweating the small stuff
These actions will have a profound effect on your happiness. The secret to substantial and enduring happiness in life is usually about doing less for yourself and more for others.
I’m probably sharing a blinding flash of the obvious with you, but every day I meet up with people who falter with these basic fundamentals. I’m sure you’ve discovered that putting others first is a commitment that requires constant attention. Renew that commitment today.
Nothing will have a more positive impact on your life than improving your rapport skills and becoming a better person.
“People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
John Lloyd is a business growth strategist, award-winning marketing consultant, speaker, trainer, columnist and author of the book Smart Thinking for Crazy Times.
Visit John at www.brandstorm.co.za
Do you need a speaker who will educate and inspire at your next industry conference or a consultant who will increase profits, multiply sales and magnify marketplace positioning? Contact John – email@example.com