“The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” – Michelangelo
- Not everyone is going to like you . . . get over it.
- Stuff is going to happen . . . deal with it.
- The person who buries their head in the sand will eventually get their butt kicked.
- You cannot change the past, but you can create the future.
- Everyone you meet is a reflection of who you are, so it’s a good idea to look for the best in people.
- When you step into judgment, you step into ignorance.
- Regret is a wasted emotion and simply keeps you stuck in the past.
- Life should not be a fast food meal eaten on the run, but a banquet, with each mouthful savoured.
- When change knocks on your door it won’t go away just because you do not invite it in.
- Before you can be happy, you have to figure out what makes you happy.
- Love is not giving all that you are, but accepting the other person and all that they are.
- It is easier to tear something down than it is to build it up.
- You don’t have to play with the hand life deals you – you can always shuffle the deck.
- Your soul mate may not be the one you never argue with, but the one whose presence pushes you into growth and understanding.
- Always assume the words you speak are being spoken to you, and then ask yourself, How does this make me feel?
- Put your hand over your heart, feel it beat, feel it pulsate life throughout your body and know with absolute certainty there was a powerful reason why your Creative Source (God, Universe, Spirit, or whatever name reflects your beliefs) placed you on this Earth.
- It doesn’t matter who writes the words, the only person who can give them power and meaning is you.
- The only way through a challenge is to take one step at a time, one moment at a time and one day at a time.
- Think win-win. Always seek mutual benefit.
- You can get whatever you want in life if you help enough people get whatever they want.
- You are a divine walking miracle.
“You are the storyteller of your own life, and you can create your own legend or not.” – Isabel Allende
John Lloyd is a business growth strategist, award-winning marketing consultant, speaker, trainer, columnist and author of the book Smart Thinking for Crazy Times.
Visit John at www.brandstorm.co.za
Do you need a speaker who will educate and inspire at your next industry conference or a consultant who will increase profits, multiply sales and magnify marketplace positioning? Contact John – email@example.com